One of my favorite places to have weddings on St. Thomas, VI is Secret Harbour Beach Resort. Not only is it the place where I started professionally planning events, but it’s also perfect for that destination beach wedding feel. Recently, I got the pleasure of planning a wedding for Helen and David. They were already married in the states but wanted to share the experience with their friends and family who reside on the island.
Helen and David chose Secret Harbour out of all the places on St. Thomas because it’s completely awesome! Below, you’ll see why! Let us know when you’re convinced!
5 Reasons to Consider Secret Harbour for your Destination Beach Wedding
- The Beach: First of all, the beach is amazing. As someone who has lived on the island for over 7 years, I still consider it a favorite. It was one of the first beaches I visited and it still remains to be perfect. Here are just a few reasons why:
- The light, clean sand
- The protection of the cove, so it’s always calm
- The comfy hammocks swaying in the light breeze
- The amazing snorkeling (Octopi, turtles, rays, and tons of other colorful fish and coral!)
- The Accommodations: Secret Harbour’s rooms are second to none on the island. I have seen lots of rooms in St. Thomas. So far, Secret Harbour can only be compared to The Ritz-Carlton. As some of you know, I’m planning my own wedding. I haven’t blogged about this part yet, but most of my out of town guests are staying at Secret Harbour, which brings me to my next point:
- The Service: Secret Harbour’s Staff is awesome. Everyone is always so happy and ready to help if needed. This is the perfect place to set up a block of rooms for your guests, which they’re happy to do at no additional cost to you! That’s right: They will work with you to set up a block of rooms and there is no charge. There is no minimum that you have to reach. Not a lot of resorts on island can say the same.
- The Sites: There are 2 main sites to choose from on the beach at Secret Harbour. Site one is larger and in the middle of the beach. It’s perfect for that sunset wedding with 30-50 guests. Site two is smaller and toward the left side of the beach. It’s perfect for smaller destination beach weddings. It’s more intimate and quiet and lots more shade over there. You can fit up to 30, comfortably. Our friends, Helen and David chose site one.
- The Restaurant: Sunset Grille is located on the property. For your reception, this is an awesome choice. They have a fantastic Event Manager who will work with you to manage the food and beverage portion of your budget. This is a fantastic place to hold any event!
I am confident when I say that Helen and David chose the perfect venue for their Destination Beach Wedding. Contact me or Secret Harbour today to get started on your wedding plans! See throughout the post some of my favorite pictures of their wedding by Crown Images.