2018 Wedding Trends- What’s your favorite?
Happy New Year, brides and grooms to be! I want to talk about the 2018 Wedding Trends! In this blog, we’ll go over that and colors and more!
2018 Wedding Trends-Colors
The Pantone color of the year is Ultra Violet. This will decide what color will be popular for weddings. Purple was the main color in my wedding. I’m also seeing a lot of purple for weddings that I’m currently planning for this year.
I feel sure that we’ll keep seeing some of the richer colors that we’ve been seeing. Those won’t go away so soon. We’ll see dark rich reds, and rich shiny greens as well.
And for our main metallic color this year, I think we’ll see a lot of gold. Last year’s wedding trends proved to show Rose Gold as the main metallic.
2018 Wedding Trends- All Over
Some different wedding trends that will be happening are below!
- I’m seeing the use of balloons, which is a fun and inexpensive way to transform your ceremony or reception. The options are absolutely endless when it comes to the multi-colored decorations.
- An un-even or un-defined wedding party. Just because history states that a flower person has to be a cute little girl doesn’t mean we have to follow those rules. Your best friend can walk you down the aisle. There are so many alternatives. Who is important in your life?
- I’m seeing a lot of calligraphy in the coming year. It’s beautiful and a modern twist on it makes the entire event more elegant.
- Four words: Less cake; more desserts.
- We’ll see smaller bouquets and centerpieces.
- Arches that are simpler, but more complex at the same time. Geometric shapes with lots of greenery and flowers.
2018 Wedding Trends-Main Takeaway
There are no rules. The only limit is our imaginations. We don’t have to have a little girl for the flower girl. We don’t have to have a Best Man. Wedding cake doesn’t have to be our wedding dessert. How can we make this experience fantastic and different than any our guests have ever seen before?